Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Blog #5

The most significant accomplishment in looking at my midterm project was in the way that I was able to take so many different images related to my Big Idea and condense them down into two meaningful images that could be used as a single piece of work. Through editing and picture selection, I found that I could create images that could portray the ideas I wanted to express.

One of my most challenging learning experiences in Photoshop has come when trying to make the appearance of similar light sources within different images. This technique came into use for quiz #4 when trying to balance the heavy lighting coming in from the left side onto the building with the darker lighting at the front of the building without compromising the image quality.


An example of an achieved making-meaning came when I was able to take the collage of images from my modern meaning assignment and select only a few of the images to create a more meaningful midterm project. This helped showcase the purpose of the work as opposed to the being merely a showcase of technique.




No comments:

Post a Comment