Saturday, May 8, 2010

Blog #3

Edward Aninaru



Aninaru does a great job capturing emotions within his close-up portraits. Along with the intense emotions, his use of light, angles, and touch-up work give his images a sense of life. They take on the ability to look extremely lifelike instead of merely two dimensional figures.

I am interested in how Aninaru makes these images seem much more realistic than most normal photography. This quality is something I will look to learn from and use in my final project because I think it makes the image so much more attractive.

Charles Holbert Jr.




Holbert's big idea consists of cartoon artwork. One particular thing that I really enjoy about his work is the way he utilizes the background space in his images. Rather than having plain color or white backgrounds, he enhances his pictures by making the backdrops more dynamic. Additionally, he blends the extra background detail with the subjects in the foreground to create a very subtle 3-d effect.

I would like to use similar techniques in my own work by taking advantage of background space and bring it forward to embellish the subject.





No comments:

Post a Comment